Talent & Culture Generalist
At WineDirect we offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries’, including ecommerce, point-of-sale and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to fill a key support position on our Talent & Culture team as a Talent & Culture Generalist at our American Canyon, CA location. This individual will also provide guidance and support to our Paso Robles, CA, Santa Maria, CA, and our Sherwood, OR locations.
Our Talent & Culture team works to provide outstanding support to our internal customers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to serve as a trusted partner to the business, and operate proactively, with energy and a real sense of urgency. Your business acumen and interpersonal skills will be critical. This role will report to the Talent & Culture Manager who is located in Glenwillow, OH. This person must be able to work independently while also being able to partner with colleagues onsite and in other locations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain employee personnel files and necessary documentation electronically.
- Onboard new employees both via our HRIS system and in person.
- Coach, counsel and guide managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintain and process California and Oregon unemployment claims.
- Assist with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Partners with Manager of Talent & Culture and Payroll on any compensation changes or payroll updates.
- Assist with employee relations. Appropriately respond to employee and manager inquires and concerns regarding Talent & Culture policies, procedures and practices. Build strong relationships with employees and management.
- Undertake tasks around performance management, and assists with the annual employee performance review process.
- Reports, maintains and monitors California and Oregon workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Maintain and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Maintain the relationship/contracts with temp agencies. Set up and interview all new temps.
- Assist with the administration of employee benefits, which may include collecting and submitting employee information and a notice of change in status to health, dental, and other insurance-related information.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through Talent & Culture metrics.
- Support the Manager of Talent & Culture on companywide initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all necessary company policies and state/federal regulations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 2 or more years’ human resources experience, including onboarding, employee relations, payroll, and benefit administration.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations’ HRIS and talent management system.
- Experience with a fulfillment/warehousing environment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- You will have the ability to transform the wine industry by facilitating wineries ability to sell their products globally.
- You’ll get to work with and support a stellar group of people who work together to care for our clients and their customers.
- You’ll be empowered to make decisions, both to get the job done and to further your career.
- We have a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision insurance coverage.
- In addition, we provide Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and AD&D and a 401(k) plan.
WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.