At WineDirect our mission is to help wineries thrive by providing the world’s best DTC-Wine ecommerce and retail sales platform. Our legacy applications are transforming into a cloud-native, microservices-based architecture and we need engineers to rapidly lift and execute this project to completion over the next 24 months. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. Our SaaS platform will achieve that goal by creating new levels of engagement, performance and reliability for our customers.
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are seeking experienced engineers to help develop the next generation of the WineDirect platform; WD-2.0. You’ll be part of a team building an all-new omni-channel sales, marketing, loyalty, analytics and subscription automation platform.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you are responsible for designing, deploying and managing a scalable, performant and robust service delivery platform in the AWS cloud. Our applications are mission critical to our customers’ businesses and you will ensure they can rely on world-class delivery and operational support.
WineDirect has opportunities for individual contributors and leaders who are passionate about creating great cloud services. Whether your focus is coding, innovation or leading others, we have a spot for you.
- Develop and manage large-scale cloud-based Linux systems and environments using AWS, Ruby, Go, Java, ColdFusion, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Develop and support the developer experience, evolving the continuous delivery pipeline and driving efficiencies in all parts of the software development lifecycle
- Drive observability and resilient engineering across the organization. Be a champion for application metrics, logging and tracing.
- Solve challenges of performance and scalability in cloud environments.
- Automate all the things! Be passionate about automation, from infrastructure-as-code through to continuous integration and deployments
- Contribute to the evolution of the technical vision and strategy of the company
- Build and manage efficient and scalable CI/CD pipelines
- Support benchmarking, optimization, and fine-tuning of software performance
- Implement and maintain a 24x7 production support operation
- 6+ years of hands-on experience implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments in a public cloud using Git, Jenkins, spinnaker, helm, CircleCI
- 2+ years building integration and production environments using Kubernetes and/or Docker in AWS
- Comprehensive experience in developing and promoting tools that simplify build-test-deploy workflows
- Experience with log aggregation and analysis tools like Loggly and ELK
- Experience implementing container monitoring frameworks and dashboarding tools like NewRelic, Prometheus and Grafana
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE or equivalent experience
And finally, you:
- You love working with technology and solving difficult problems using it
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Want to have fun at work and have meaning and purpose in what you do.
- Are excited to learn and always expand your knowledge. WineDirect has many new opportunities to pursue and there is always more to learn!
Why choose WineDirect over other opportunities?
- Core values; Customer Focus, Transparency, Collaboration, Respect for Others, Fun!
- Flexible Work from Home (WFH) schedule
- Our commitment to personal development and growth
- Your work will be impactful to our clients, your peers, and the company
- Our employees are friendly, passionate and hard-working, and thrive in our strong growth-oriented culture
WineDirect by the Numbers
- Over $2B in sales enabled by our platform each year, growing >20% annually.
- Over 3M consumer Monthly Active Users each.
- Profitable, ambitious, and growth-oriented business.
- Global reach, operating in 10+ countries.