WineDirect offers a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries, including e-commerce, point-of-sale, and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – be The Winery’s Champion. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
About the position
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who is passionate about DevOps and building the practice through automation and engineering excellence. You’ll do this by driving improvements with tools and processes, as you work with stakeholders to move our platform forward. You’ll be working in focused teams in an agile fashion, own our high-available cloud environments, and help developers adopt best-practices for their production applications.
We are able to offer a friendly and supportive environment in our beautiful Gastown office in Vancouver, flexible hours, work-from-home days, continuous education, fully stocked kitchen, and a comprehensive compensation package.
- Collaborating with a team of DevOps specialists and Developers;
- Develop and manage large-scale cloud-based Linux systems and environments, using technologies such as AWS, Ruby, Go, Java, ColdFusion, Terraform, Kubernetes;
- Develop and support the developer experience, evolving the continuous delivery pipeline and driving efficiencies in all parts of the software development lifecycle;
- Write and maintain software to automate processes, eliminate toil and enable our peers in product development teams;
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation, respond to alerts and manage the pager load to reduce the overall number of pages and improve the systems we own;
- Contribute to our technical roadmap as we scale our services, build new infrastructure, and maintain standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality;
- Participate in code reviews, attend regular team meetings, and apply software development best practices;
- Take ownership of your work and work autonomously when necessary.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Desire to continually improve systems and innovate;
- 5+ years of experience in developing and maintaining software;
- Strong automation experience with Bash or Python
- Experience in optimizing pipelines and infrastructure
- A desire to learn and teach others