At WineDirect our mission is to help wineries thrive by providing the world’s best DTC-Wine ecommerce and retail sales platform. Our legacy applications are transforming to a cloud-native, microservices-based architecture and we need engineers to rapidly lift and execute this project to completion over the next 24 months. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. Our SaaS platform will achieve that goal by creating new levels of engagement, performance and reliability for our customers.
Staff Software Engineer
We are seeking talented engineers to develop the next generation of the WineDirect platform; WD-2.0. You’ll be part of a team building all new omni-channel sales, marketing, loyalty, analytics and subscription automation services. As a Staff Engineer you are responsible for architecture, design, development and deployment of infrastructure, services and APIs within the WD-2.0 cloud. You’ll also be a thought leader whose opinion is important in making technical decisions that affect the product.
Whether your focus is coding, innovation or leading others, we have a spot for you.
- Working in a cross-functional team as a technical leader using Agile and SCRUM to create solutions and shape them into workable stories and plans
- Architect, design and develop highly scalable, distributed software for SaaS applications using open-source technologies
- Deliver across the entire software app development lifecycle—design, build, deploy, test, and release
- Writing clean, well designed, unit-tested, and efficient code
- Peer-reviewing code and mentoring and supporting junior team members
- Stay current on key trends by seeking out new technologies and best practices and support the team in adopting them.
- Drive benchmarking, optimization, and fine-tuning of software performance
- 8+ years of software development experience mainly focused on SaaS and containerized, cloud-based systems
- Proficient in Ruby, Go, Java or C/C++
- Solid understanding of micro-service architectures and domain modelling
- Fluently configure and deploy AWS Kubernetes clusters, pod networks, auto-scaling and aggregate APIs
- Expertly develop RESTful APIs and work with relational databases
- Experience with NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis) event streaming (Kafka) and Data Warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE or equivalent experience
And finally, you:
- You love working with technology and solving difficult problems using it
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Want to have fun at work and have meaning and purpose in what you do
- Are excited to learn and always expand your knowledge. WineDirect has many new opportunities to pursue and there is always more to learn!
Why choose WineDirect over other opportunities?
- Core values; Customer Focus, Transparency, Collaboration, Respect for Others, Fun!
- Flexible Work from Home (WFH) schedule
- Our commitment to personal development and growth
- Your work will be impactful to our clients, your peers, and the company
- Our employees are friendly, passionate and hard-working, and thrive in our strong growth-oriented culture
WineDirect by the Numbers
- Over $2B in sales enabled by our platform each year, growing >20% annually.
- Over 3M consumer Monthly Active Users each.
- Profitable, ambitious, and growth-oriented business.
- Global reach, operating in 10+ countries.