Ecommerce Marketplace Director
As Ecommerce Marketplace Director you will be a key leader within the WineDirect organization; managing our Marketplace business to drive revenue growth and participant satisfaction. You will lead marketplace operations, business development, and product management by working cross-functionally to develop a product and service that creates new sales channels and consumer engagement opportunities for winery clients.
This is a fast-paced, highly visible, hands-on, roll-up-your sleeves type of role reporting into the VP Business Development. The ideal candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, embrace collaboration, and have a proven track record managing the full P&L of a successful business with strong growth trajectory in the Ecommerce, Marketplace/ Aggregator, or Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) space.
What you’ll be doing:
- Meet Marketplace revenue and growth targets by optimizing supplier and partner experience, increasing supplier recruitment, and sourcing high-value sales channels/ partners.
- Develop and lead customer success, product and go-to-market activities for new and existing marketplace partners.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to positively impact KPIs such as Gross Merchandise Value, Average Order Value, Net Promoter Score and SKUs on offer. Measure & report on KPIs to the broader organization & senior leadership.
- Lead, develop, and mentor the Marketplace team of product, engineering, and operations professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of relevant B2C Ecommerce, business development, and/or SaaS experience required with prior start-up and/or consulting experience preferred.
- P&L responsibility and success leading Ecommerce, Merchandising or Operations teams required.
- Strong understanding of Ecommerce specific business practices and consumer behavior, account management, payment processing and project management required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Marketplace/Aggregator business models (e.g. Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Door-Dash, Grubhub, Vivino, others).
- Strategic and analytical thinker with exceptional execution and problem-solving capabilities; comfortable with doing work in the trenches while still maintaining a strategic perspective.
- Able to successfully define and deliver complex projects end-to-end with positive ROI, from business case through deployment, under tight timelines & budgets
- Leads by example. Strong leadership, influencing and communication skills with ability to interact, influence and align with all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- MBA preferred, Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Product Management or related field required.
- You will have the ability to transform the wine industry by facilitating wineries ability to sell their products globally
- You’ll get to work with and support a stellar group of people who work together to care for our clients and their customers
- You’ll be empowered to make decisions, both to get the job done and to further your career
- We have a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as Life, Long Term Disability and AD&D at no cost to the employee and a 401(k) plan.
WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.