At WineDirect our mission is to help wineries thrive by providing the world’s best DTC-Wine ecommerce and retail sales platform. Our legacy platform is transforming to a cloud-native, microservices-based architecture and we need engineers to rapidly lift and execute this project to completion over the next 24 months. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. Our SaaS platform will achieve that goal by creating new levels of engagement, performance and reliability for our customers.
Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking experienced engineers to help develop the next generation of the Winedirect platform; WD-2.0. You’ll be part of a team building all new omni-channel sales, marketing, loyalty, analytics and subscription automation services.
As a Senior Engineer you are responsible for all aspects of design, development and deployment of APIs and infrastructure within the WD-2.0 cloud. You’ll also be part of a team providing thought-leadership on technical innovation, continuous improvement and best practices.
WineDirect has opportunities for individual contributors and leaders who are passionate about creating great software. Whether your focus is coding, innovation or leading others, Winedirect has a spot for you.
- Working closely with other developers, architects and product owners using Agile and SCRUM to create solutions and shape them into workable stories and plans.
- Design and develop software for a large-scale, cloud-based SaaS solution using open source technologies
- Deliver across the entire software app development lifecycle—design, build, deploy, test, and release
- Writing clean, well designed, unit-tested, and efficient code
- Peer-reviewing code, and mentoring and supporting junior team members. Build strong partnerships with other teams internally and externally to solve problems, and ensure we deliver a cohesive customer experience.
- Proactively seeking out new technologies and best practices and support the team in adopting them.
- Drive benchmarking, optimization, and fine-tuning of software performance
- 6+ years of software development experience with recent focus on SaaS and cloud-based solutions
- Strong modeling and development skills in object oriented languages; Ruby, Go, Java, C/C++
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, working with relational databases and message-based architectures
- Experience working in AWS deploying micro-service clusters using Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE or equivalent experience.
And finally, you:
- You love working with technology and solving difficult problems using it.
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Want to have fun at work and have meaning and purpose in what you do.
- Are excited to learn and always expand your knowledge. WineDirect has many new opportunities to pursue and there is always more to learn!
Why choose WineDirect over other opportunities.
- Core values; Customer Focus, Transparency, Collaboration, Respect for Others
- From day 1 you will be part of the core team that develops WineDirect’s new platform end-to-end
- Your work will be impactful to our clients, your peers, and the company.
- Our employees are friendly, passionate and hard-working, and thrive in our strong growth-oriented culture
WineDirect by the Numbers
- Over $2B in sales enabled by our platform each year, growing >20% annually.
- Over 3M consumer Monthly Active Users each.
- Profitable, ambitious, and growth-oriented business.
- Global reach, operating in 10+ countries.