WineDirect is the leading provider of Direct-to-Consumer solutions for wineries. As the wine industry has increased focus on DTC sales over the past few years, we’ve been leading the charge with our all-in-one solution. With e-commerce, wine club management, point-of-sale, and order fulfillment – we have everything our clients’ need to develop and grow successful DTC programs. We facilitate more than 15 million orders representing over $2 billion in sales for our 2,000+ winery clients annually. We are a dynamic and growing company that is driving towards even higher growth with one clear goal, that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our clients.
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to fill a key position on our Finance team. As a Staff Accountant at our American Canyon, CA office.
The Staff Accountant will be playing a key role in the daily processing of transactions, reconciling, and analyzing data between systems and enhancing or developing standard procedures and work with various teams to achieve departmental objectives. You will take a leading role in accounting and reconciliation duties for our company. We need a professional with incredible attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including general ledger entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other financial transactions.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Roll forward and monthly reconciliation to support balances.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations and reporting requirements.
- Reconcile financial statements, bank statements, and accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Participate, maintain, and adhere to a month end close schedule.
- Generate support for Month End Financial Reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for internal and external audits.
- Ad Hoc analysis and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
Candidates must possess highly developed sense of empathy, with a focus on ensuring the best experience for our partners, clients, and the end-consumer.
- Advanced Excel User (Pivot Tables, vlookups, etc)
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of GL accounting best practices
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to meet all deadlines
- BS Degree preferred with 3+ years of experience in general accounting/month end close on a larger Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system showing progression and increasing responsibility. Familiar with NetSuite is a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Dependable with keen attention to detail
- You will have the ability to transform the wine industry by facilitating winery’s ability to sell their products globally
- You’ll get to work with and support a stellar group of people who work together to care for our clients and their customers
- You’ll be empowered to make decisions, both to get the job done and to further your career
- We have a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as Life, Long Term Disability and AD&D at no cost to the employee and a 401(k) plan.
- WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.