Receiving Associate - Seasonal
At WineDirect we offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries, including ecommerce, point-of-sale and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to fill a key position on our Operations team. As a Receiving Associate at our Glenwillow, OH facility.
As a Receiving Associate, you will process inbound receipts, stage inventory for inter-center transfers and/or put-away. In addition, you’ll be responsible for operating a forklift, reach truck, and stock picker to move bulk products into staging and/or forward pick locations. In this position you’ll use RF devices to complete inventory movements. You will also assist in loading and unloading products to and from trucks in a manner that meets our standards for safety, security and productivity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process inbound receipts
- Coordinate the staging, loading and unloading of products
- Examining inbound and outbound inventory transfers and verifying for accuracy against records such as invoices, bill of lading, and purchase orders
- Work closely with Inventory and Client Services Departments to resolve issues on SKUs
- Safe and proficient operation of material handling equipment
- Utilizing pick sheets, work orders, and/or RF devices as necessary to pull inventory
- Inspecting products as they are pulled to ensure quality and accuracy
- Reporting and documenting any damaged product not suitable for shipping
- Staging products for our club assembly line
- Loading and unloading trucks in our shipping and receiving departments
- Notifying supervisors of any mechanical or material issues
- Utilizing safety equipment and observing all safety rules and practices
- Maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work area
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
Candidates must possess highly developed sense of empathy, with a focus on ensuring the best experience for our partners, clients, and the end-consumer.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience operating a fork lift in a manufacturing or distribution center
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working in a warehouse and/or logistics setting
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
- Experience with RF devices
- Basic computer proficiency
- Inventory experience preferred
- Ability to multi task
- Experience working in a fast-paced production driven environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, 40+ pounds
- Wine industry experience is a plus
- Able to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Reliable transportation
- You will have the ability to transform the wine industry by facilitating wineries ability to sell their products globally
- You’ll get to work with and support a stellar group of people who work together to care for our clients and their customers
- You’ll be empowered to make decisions, both to get the job done and to further your career
WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.