At WineDirect we offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries’, including ecommerce, point-of-sale and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
We are looking for a multi-talented Production Manager for our swing shift operation, at our American Canyon, CA location. The manager will be responsible for key performance indicators relative to their shift for labor utilization, units per hour, order accuracy and client order SLA’s (service level agreement). The manager will provide necessary training and development of employees with documented records and reviews while maintaining their respective shift hours in Paycom. The manager will participate as a safety committee member and adhere to safety guidelines set-forth by company and other regulatory agencies. The manager will work closely with other departments including inventory, receiving and projects as well as will ensure seamless communication between shift managers. The manager will collaborate with planning and production supervisors for order deployment and emergency resolution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and lead a team of 50+ associates spanning across multiple production functions.
- Monitor / control order flow through our multiple systems
- Ensure execution and completion of all daily orders
- Closing manifests and End of Day reporting
- Manage staffing levels based on weekly forecasts
- Communicate with other departments including Receiving and Client Success
- Training and development of staff
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure safe work environment
- Process improvement
- Create and update SOP’s
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Who you are:
Candidates must possess highly developed sense of empathy, with a focus on ensuring the best experience for our partners, clients, and the end-consumer.
- Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-consumer fulfilment operations as well as high-quality technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Has experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem-solving skills and investigative skills.
- Must have a minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of increased responsibility and supervisory experience working in a warehouse and/or logistics setting
- Valid and current CA driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to move and lift up to 50 lbs
- Forklift / material handling experience a plus
- Experience working with Warehouse Conveyor system a plus
- Mechanical experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Attention to detail and advanced computer proficiency
- Fluently bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- You will have the ability to transform the wine industry by facilitating wineries’ ability to sell their products globally
- You’ll get to work with and support a stellar group of people who work together to care for our clients and their customers
- You’ll be empowered to make decisions, both to get the job done and to further your career
- We have a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as Life, Long Term Disability and AD&D to the employee and a 401(k) plan.
WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.