Driver & Transportation Coordinator
At WineDirect we offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries’, including ecommerce, point-of-sale and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to fill a key position on our Operations team. As a Driver & Transportation Coordinator at our Sherwood, OR facility.
As Driver and Transportation Coordinator, you will be responsible for executing deliveries and pickups, as well as coordinating schedules and inventory notifications directly to customers. Your customer service skills will be critical to our success. You will be interfacing with customers on a reoccurring basis through face-to-face contact, email, and by phone. As our team members are encouraged to be multi-skilled, you will often be tasked with assignments that are not within your specific scope of duties to help with our fulfillment initiatives and meeting service level agreements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Follow schedule and timelines of delivery and pickup requests
- Create driving routes and schedules for greater road-time efficiency
- Maintain efficiency on driving routes by using best judgment and following pre-set routes
- Coordinate and notify customers directly with ETA’s, product discrepancies, and other necessary notifications
- Work closely with Receiving associate to understand inbound and outbound transaction details to provide back to customers
- Work closely with Operations Manager and Account Manager to understand new customer’s needs, locations, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service at client locations
- Maintain quality and regular maintenance of delivery truck
- Establish relationships with truck vendors
- Assist with inventory standard operating procedures for product, packaging, and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
Candidates must possess highly developed sense of empathy, with a focus on ensuring the best experience for our partners, clients, and the end-consumer.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s license for operation of motor vehicles within the state of Oregon
- Ability to lift 40 or more ponds
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer skills with MS Office (Outlook, Excel) database and communications software
- You will have the ability to transform the wine industry by facilitating wineries ability to sell their products globally
- You’ll get to work with and support a stellar group of people who work together to care for our clients and their customers
- You’ll be empowered to make decisions, both to get the job done and to further your career
- We have a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as Life, Long Term Disability, AD&D, and a 401(k) plan.
WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.