Receiving and Transportation Manager
At WineDirect we offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries’, including ecommerce, point-of-sale and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
We are looking for a multi-talented Receiving, Inventory and Transportation Manager for our fulfillment operation, at our American Canyon, CA location. The manager will be responsible for key performance indicators relative to their shift for labor utilization, client SLA’s (service level agreement), transportation and inventory accuracy. The manager will provide necessary training and development of employees with documented records and reviews while maintaining their respective shift hours in Paycom. The manager will participate as a safety committee member and adhere to safety guidelines set-forth by company and other regulatory agencies. The manager will work closely with other departments including production and projects as well as will ensure seamless communication between facility managers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Direct management of staff including these areas: fleet drivers, dispatch, receiving and material handlers
- Manage staffing levels based on weekly forecasts
- Communicate with other departments including Production, Inventory and Client Success
- Communicate directly with clients and carriers
- Cycle counts and periodic physical inventory counts
- Driver route optimization and monitoring
- Transportation to and from other facilities optimization
- Training and development of staff
- Be a member of the safety committee
- Process improvement
- Create and update SOP’s
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Who you are:
Candidates must possess highly developed sense of empathy, with a focus on ensuring the best experience for our partners, clients, and the end-consumer.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of increased responsibility and supervisory experience working in a warehouse and/or logistics setting
- Valid and current CA driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to move and lift up to 50 lbs
- Forklift / material handling experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Advanced computer proficiency
- Experience working in a direct to consumer environment preferred
- Fluently bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- You will have the ability to transform the wine industry by facilitating wineries ability to sell their products globally
- You’ll get to work with and support a stellar group of people who work together to care for our clients and their customers
- You’ll be empowered to make decisions, both to get the job done and to further your career
- We have a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as Life, Long Term Disability and AD&D to the employee and a 401(k) plan.
WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.