At WineDirect we offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries’, including eCommerce, point-of-sale, and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to be The Winery’s Champion. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
We are looking for a multi-talented Inventory Manager for our American Canyon, CA location.
As an Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for the safety and development of roughly 8 individuals. The Inventory Manager is responsible to ensure the appropriate material storage processes and functions are in place to support high levels of Inventory Accuracy (99.98% +). This position is responsible for managing and maintaining a systematic approach to inventory control of all materials by ensuring materials are properly identified upon receipt, transactions are performed on a timely basis and cycle counts are utilized to ensure accuracy. This includes process development and reporting that keeps all functional managers apprised of inventory on a regular frequency. In addition, this position is responsible for the production control, reconciliation of raw materials and finished goods, inventory transactions, item disposition, and off-site inventory reconciliation. This position will be responsible for projects and returns. The manager will provide necessary training and development of employees with documented records and reviews while maintaining their respective team hours in Paycom. The manager will participate as a safety committee member and adhere to safety guidelines set forth by the company and other regulatory agencies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Inventory control: Inbounds, Out-bounds, Location setup, Slotting, Cycle counting, Returns, Breakage, Research, Adjustments.
- Develop and report key inventory metrics and identify short and long term plans for improvement
- Manage labor standards for projects, returns, and inventory control
- Analysis and reporting.
- Customer Service: Order processing, invoicing for inventory activities
- Create and document standard operating procedures
- Liaison between Internal/External Clients: Central point for all inventory issues, questions, and inventory movement.
- Planning, cycle counting, order processing, analysis, reporting, shipping, receiving, inventory reconciliation, warehousing.
- ERP inventory management: Reconciled inventory between WMS & Oracle.
- Manage staffing levels based on weekly forecasts
- Communicate with all departments
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment
- Process improvement
- Research problem orders for resolution and shipping
- Utilize RF Scanners to consolidate and re-locate product
- Research physically and systematically inventory discrepancies
- Track and report damages and adjustments
- Perform full physical inventory counts
- Assist in other departments as needed
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and organization
- Abide by all company safety and security guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Who you are:
Candidates must possess a highly developed sense of empathy, with a focus on ensuring the best experience for our partners, clients, and the end-consumer.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Inventory control knowledge in the following environments preferred: Distribution, Production, Multi-warehouse
- Advanced MS Excel skills; proficient in MS applications (Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational skills
- Act with a sense of urgency to identify solutions
- Good internal and external customer-oriented communication skills both oral and written
- Must love working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a positive attitude; ability to think and respond quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Work well in a team setting and be detailed oriented
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to exercise effective time management and planning skills in a high pressure, high energy environment
- Has experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem-solving skills and investigative skills.
- Must have a minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of increased responsibility and supervisory experience working in a warehouse and/or logistics setting
- Ability to move and lift 50 lbs.
- Forklift/material handling experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Attention to detail and advanced computer proficiency
- Fluently bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- You will have the ability to transform the wine industry by facilitating wineries ability to sell their products globally
- You’ll get to work with and support a stellar group of people who work together to care for our clients and their customers
- You’ll be empowered to make decisions, both to get the job done and to further your career
- We have a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as Life, Long Term Disability, and AD&D to the employee and a 401(k) plan.
WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.